The Indianhead Lehigh Acres Neighborhood Association works to maintain and enhance the character and spirit of our community as a well-maintained, safe, friendly neighborhood.
Neighbors of Indianhead-Lehigh work with city and county governments to develop specific plans which encourage safe traffic patterns for all vehicles and pedestrians, providing access throughout the neighborhood and into surrounding areas.
President + Vice-President: duties of these offices are currently shared by other officers and directors.
Treasurer: Melissa Farley
Recording Secretary: John Tomasino
Corresponding Secretary: Marie-Claire Leman
At-Large Members: Ashley Arrington, Katie Clark, Jason Khan-Hohensee, Doug Martin, Gordon Magill, Ceci Michelotti, Edward Reid, KC Smith, Charlotte Stuart-Tilley, Eli Wilkins-Malloy
SPECIAL PROJECTS and COMMITTEES
Newsletter: Edward Reid, Shelly Hatton, Ceci Michelotti, Melissa Farley, Marie-Claire Leman
Website committee: Edward Reid, Marie-Claire Leman
Nene Fest committee: Richard Bertram, Melissa Farley, Emma Hanley, Marie-Claire Leman, Ceci Michelotti, Edward Reid, Marney Richards, Doug Schrock, John Tomasino, Eli Wilkins-Malloy. The committee is helped by many, many additional volunteers!
What we’ve accomplished in recent years …
- Improvements to the intersections at Magnolia/Lafayette and E. Indianhead/Chowkeebin
- Two new pieces of playground equipment
- Circle Drive crosswalk
- Sponsored Nene Fest for 12 years
- Special activities like November “ponies at the park” (free rides for kids)
- Neighborhood Halloween party
- Annual July 4th Bike Parade
- Successfully lobbied the county to install privacy fence and plant vegetation along Orange Avenue to provide a noise and safety barrier to the neighborhood
- Successfully lobbied the city commission to provide restroom facilities at Optimist Park and upgrade the clubhouse
- Worked with the supervisor of elections to bring the precinct 5203 voting location back to Optimist Park
- Developed an active neighborhood watch program with email notices
- Worked with the city to get sidewalks installed on Mountbatten Drive, and sidewalks extended on Chowkeebin Nene and on East Indianhead Drive behind Hartsfield school and through Optimist Park
- Successfully opposed the rezoning of property on Chowkeebin Nene from residential to commercial